Search engine optimization — SEO, may seem like alchemy to the uninitiated. But there is a science to it. Search engines reward pages with the right combination of ranking factors, or “signals.” SEO is about ensuring your content generates the right type of signals. The Seo table below, by SearchEngineLand, summarizes the major factors to focus on for search engine ranking success:
This table basically covers the foundations of SEO and will work very well after the latest Google Penguin update. The basic strategies to focus on:
- Natural On-Page SEO
- Relevant Niche & Quality Link Building
- Social Interactions & Shares
- Diverse Anchor Texts & Link Types
The big no-no’s:
- Blog Networks – These networks are getting de-indexed left & right by Google leaving all linkbacks from them useless, not to mention in some cases even penalties.
- Link Spamming – No more Blog commenting, Forums Profiles & crappy automated backlinks.
- Keyword Stuffing/ Hidden Content